different appx/xap for different phone os RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i'm wondering if i can release an appx for windows phone 10 devices to download, and a xap for windows phone <8.1 devices

is it possible?

thanks in advance for any info on that

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:27 AM

All replies

• i'm wondering if i can release an appx for windows phone 10 devices to download, and a xap for windows phone <8.1 devices

is it possible?

Hi maxborgatti,

Yes.

you can go to the package page at the Windows Dev Center dashboard and upload appx/xap package separately, and select opposite device for these.

Different operating systems can run different types of packages. If more than one of your packages can run on a customer's device, the Windows Store will provide the best available match.

Best regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 9:43 AM
  • Hi maxborgatti,

Do you check it in the dashboard? Please share your result here if you feel free.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:44 AM
  • Hi cherry,

i didn't test it yet. if we will decide to go on with that i'll report for sure

many many thanks for your straightforward answer

Thursday, January 19, 2017 11:33 AM