How to write the body for HTTPS POST job in Azure Schedular ( I don't want to use the Azure blob) RRS feed

• Question

• So i have created an experiment and successfully published as a web service which requires inputs

Now when i schedule this (Batch Execution)web service as a HTTPS POST JOB its showing the error

Http Action - Response from host 'ussouthcentral.services.azureml.net': 'BadRequest' Response Headers: x-ms-request-id: 51fb1d34-5bc7-4832-ad9f-b19826468ea0 Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 11:02:01 GMT Server: Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0 Body: {"error":{"code":"BadArgument","message":"Invalid argument provided.","details":[{"code":"MissingInputBlobInformation","target":"Inputs","message":"Missing Azure storage blob information. Provide a valid connection string and relative path or URI and try again."}]}}

But i am not using azure blob, i am just passing one web input Plz help if any one knows how to pass the web input in the HTTPS POST BODY

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 6:27 AM

Answers

• Pratik,

I just uploaded a sample web app for BES to Codeplex (here). You can run the setup to install an ASP.NET BES Template in Visual Studio (assuming that is your IDE). It has a page for using only the URL of the API and the API Key (which means you have to be using a Reader and a Writer).

You can give that a try, and let us know if you have any follow up questions.

thanks,

Raymond

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Pratik,

Please take a look at the sample code that you are using for the BES call on the API help page. You need to pass in the Azure Storage information for your data. That information is required. See below code snippet from the sample code:

const string StorageAccountName = "mystorageacct"; // Replace this with your Azure Storage Account name
    const string StorageAccountKey = "Dx9WbMIThAvXRQWap/aLnxT9LV5txxw=="; // Replace this with your Azure Storage Key
    const string StorageContainerName = "mycontainer"; // Replace this with your Azure Storage Container name

Thanks,

Raymond

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:10 PM
  • Hey Pratik,

If you're submitting a very small amount of data, consider using an RRS endpoint (which has a timeout of 100 seconds!), which will take the data in the request body as you want.

Regards,

AK

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:08 PM
  • Pratik,

I just uploaded a sample web app for BES to Codeplex (here). You can run the setup to install an ASP.NET BES Template in Visual Studio (assuming that is your IDE). It has a page for using only the URL of the API and the API Key (which means you have to be using a Reader and a Writer).

You can give that a try, and let us know if you have any follow up questions.

thanks,

Raymond

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:40 PM