Is there a way to work on a windows 8.1 app on windows rt?

Question

• I've been working on an LOB app.  Recently, I bought a surface rt to start field testing the app. I want to be able to use it to work on my app, make corrections, etc. while in the field.  I know visual studio 2013 won't install on rt because of the processor architectural differences.

Is there a tool out there to allow me to work on my app on my windows rt device?

Thursday, November 28, 2013 3:59 PM

Answers

• maybe a remote desktop connection to a other machine with visual studio?

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:19 PM

All replies

• you can upgrade your surface to windows 8.1 rt then the app will work, as long it is an windows store app and not a desktop app

Thursday, November 28, 2013 5:37 PM
  • Let me rephrase my question.  I've been working on an LOB app.  I'm field testing the app with windows rt. which I will be recommending to my company. Is there a way for me to continue working on the app using windows rt?  Not using the app, but editing it.  In other words, is there a substitute for visual studio 2013 for windows rt?
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 6:57 PM
  • maybe a remote desktop connection to a other machine with visual studio?

Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:19 PM
  • The fact is that, you use visual studio to develop you store app, and visual studio is not a store app can run jn RT.hence, you can not use RT to edit your app.what you can is use remote debugger to test you app in Rt, butsource code stay in you intel based computer.

Peter Lu .Net Enterprise Wide Application Architect MCTS, MCDBA, MCPD/EA State Local and Education Division HP Enterprise Services

• Edited by Peter Lu ZC Friday, January 3, 2014 2:52 AM
    Friday, December 27, 2013 11:34 AM