Using Mac Book Pro with Parallels. Having an issue with Expression Blend. RRS feed

• Question

• Experiencing a Configuration Error when I run my Expression Blend project.    I receive the following detail information:

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Failed to start monitoring changes to '\\psf\Home\Documents\Expression\Blend 4\Samples\PhotoListSwitch\PhotoListSwitchSite'.

Source File: \\psf\Home\Documents\Expression\Blend 4\Samples\PhotoListSwitch\PhotoListSwitchSite\web.config    Line: 0

I appreciate whatever help you can provide to resolve this problem.

Thank you,

John H.

Monday, February 7, 2011 4:09 PM

All replies

• I am a designer (who uses a Mac) and teaches folks how to use Expression Blend so I will start off with a disclaimer...I am not technically literate in how to fix your issue. I will have to say that after traveling the world and teaching many students, those who had Parallels seemed to always have issues. Many times they had to fix information in their registry in order to get Expression Blend to work correctly. On the other hand I have never seen these issues when using Boot Camp. I am sure with enough mucking around you can get Parallels to work...and hopefully someone can supply you with an answer, just wanted to let you know that it probably is not a quick fix.
    Jennifer Smith
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 8:13 PM
  • Hi John and Jennifer -

I, too, am seeing this issue under Parallels. I'm OK with digging in to the registry, but was wondering if anyone could tell me where to start. John, did you ever manage to muddle through? Jennifer, any ideas?

Thanks, everyone!

Aaron

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:05 PM