Unit test will not run because the assembly name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a problem when testing a destructor. I hope I can explain the problem understandable.

I have several projects with several classes. Several of them has a destructor and will be tested by unit tests (MS TEST). This tests run properly.

Only in one project does not work this test. After a long search I found out that it is the assembly name of the project. When I change the name of the assembly -> the test run properly!

At the moment I am very clueless on what this could be! For each approach, I would be very grateful! I can´t change the name of the assembly to solve the problem. It has to stay exactly as it is!

Thank you already in advance

Friday, June 6, 2014 6:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

here is the Microsoft connect link!

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/898586/unit-test-will-not-run-because-the-assembly-name

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:24 AM
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In order to help you resolve this issue, could you please share us your solution? We will run it on our side and research it. You can upload it to OneDrive or send it to my mial box: v-amanz at microsoft dot com. If you can’t share the solution, please share us a sample project to repro this issue.

And I would like to know the following information:

1. Which error did you get after running that test?
    2. Did you write unit test to test that destructor?
    3. Whether several classes use the same destructor?
    4. Whether you use the one unit test to test that destructor on different project?
    5. How did you change the assembly name in order to run the test successfully?
    6. Which version of Visual Studio did you use?

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 9, 2014 5:19 AM
  • Hi,

What about your issue now?

If you have resolved it, you can share the solution here, which will be beneficial for other members with the same issue.

If you did not, please tell us more information, I will try my best to help you.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 9:20 AM
  • Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I just sent an e-mail to the e-mail address!

Thank you!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:43 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your useful information. I run your test and I can repro this issue. But I am not able to confirm well what caused it. Since we can repro this issue, I suggest that you could submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously. After you submit the feedback, you can post the link here which will be beneficial for other members with the similar issue. And I will help you to vote it.

Note that please attach the sample in the microsoft connect when you submit it to Microsoft so that the product team can repro it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

• Edited by Amanda Zhu Friday, June 13, 2014 6:54 AM edit
    Friday, June 13, 2014 6:53 AM
  • Hi,

thank you! I will submit it to the VS team!

Best regards!

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 7:28 AM
  • Thank you for your response. After you submit it, please post the Microsoft connect link here. I will vote it for you.

Thanks,

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:56 AM
  • Hi,

here is the Microsoft connect link!

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/898586/unit-test-will-not-run-because-the-assembly-name

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:24 AM
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:05 AM
  • Sorry, I can't open this connect link.

It shows the page is not found. Maybe I don't have permissions to view this connect. Anyway,  since this issue was reported to Microsoft product team, then it is in their support range, Microsoft
    engineer will provide support for you better, so
    I will close this thread through marking your reply as a temporary ‘answer’ on the forum side, which will be beneficial for other members when they use forums.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

• Edited by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:25 AM edit
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:21 AM