none
Compile Error in Word RRS feed

• Question

• Compile error in hidden module: <module name>, Office Shared [vblr6.chm1040201] This is the error msg I get every time I try to start Word. Is there any way at all to get rid of this annoying bug?
    Wednesday, September 4, 2013 1:58 PM

Answers

• Try running the Microsoft Diagnostic Tools Program. (Depending on the version of Office)

Listed under All Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Tools\Microsoft Office Diagnostics

Hth

Chris Ward

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 4:09 PM
  • Hi Jooleigh

You need to ask this question in the forum that supports end-users.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

Either Office is not configured correctly or you have installed an extension for Office installed on your machine that's not behaving correctly. People who work on the end-user side of things have a better chance of recognizing what this might be from the error message. When you post, be sure to mention the VERSION of Word you're using.

The forums on MSDN targets helping programmers write code, which is why we don't have the knowledge to help you, here.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 4:32 PM

All replies

• Try running the Microsoft Diagnostic Tools Program. (Depending on the version of Office)

Listed under All Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Tools\Microsoft Office Diagnostics

Hth

Chris Ward

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 4:09 PM
  • Hi Jooleigh

You need to ask this question in the forum that supports end-users.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

Either Office is not configured correctly or you have installed an extension for Office installed on your machine that's not behaving correctly. People who work on the end-user side of things have a better chance of recognizing what this might be from the error message. When you post, be sure to mention the VERSION of Word you're using.

The forums on MSDN targets helping programmers write code, which is why we don't have the knowledge to help you, here.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 4:32 PM