none
shared mailbox from field (exchange 2007) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, but couldn't think of anywhere else.

My team at work has a normal exchange account and a shared mailbox they have access to.  If you log on to outlook, you see 2 information stores - one for your personal mailbox and one for the shared mailbox.

If I reply from my personal mailbox, the from field gets correctly populated with my name, but when I reply to an email from the shared mailbox the from field gets populated with the shared mailbox email address, which we don't have permission to use, so emails bounce if we do not manually change the from field.

We developed a vba solution to automatically do this for us but I was wondering if this can be somehow switched on the exchange side of things/

Does anyone know if there is?

Thanks,

B.

Friday, February 7, 2014 6:43 PM

All replies

• Hi

You can not control this behaviour from Exchange. This is controlled by Outlook. 

Outlook chooses the from address from what additional mailbox you are replying from (just as you see :-))

There are a lot of registry tweaks for Outlook, but I don't think there are one to control this.

I see 3 possible sollutions.

1.    The users can choose them self 

2.    You give the users "Send As" permissions on the mailbox

3.    you use this tool http://www.ivasoft.biz/setfrom2013.shtml

BR
    Steen
    Saturday, February 15, 2014 9:18 AM