farmadmin password change currentl using domain account RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a domain account for farm administration and want to change password but I need to change the password for the service account on both domain and farm credentials on sharepoint so if I use this below stsadm comman will it be changed in both places?

stsadm -o updatefarmcredentials -userlogin Doamainname|userName -passwword newPassword

Thanks,

D

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 6:52 PM

Answers

• Easiest way to handle this is just update the pwd in the CA site @  /_admin/ManagedAccounts.aspx

• Proposed as answer by RobertSm Friday, February 10, 2012 6:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, February 17, 2012 6:42 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 4:28 PM

All replies

• That command will only update the farm credentials (CA application ID & Timer Job ID) for the farm after you've changed it on the domain.

Your post makes it unclear if it's the service accounts or the account you use to administer the farm...

What you'll want to do is:

1. Update domain service account password

2. Use the "configure managed accounts" ( /_admin/ManagedAccounts.aspx ) screeen to update sharepoints various account/pwd store

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:26 PM
  • I am talking about the service account that is used to access databases from sharepoint server

D

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:50 PM
  • Easiest way to handle this is just update the pwd in the CA site @  /_admin/ManagedAccounts.aspx

• Proposed as answer by RobertSm Friday, February 10, 2012 6:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, February 17, 2012 6:42 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 4:28 PM