none
Install Selenium Basic RRS feed

• Question

• I want to scrape and enter data on web pages.  I understand selenium basic will do this. I have installed this program several times and cannot get it to work. I keep getting this error.

Ron-time error '21':

Firefox failed open the listing report 127.0.0.1: 50366 within 15s

here's the code I'm using:

Private Assert As New Assert
    Private Verify As New Verify
    Private Table As New Table
    Private Keys As New Keys

Sub Script1()
        Dim driver As New FirefoxDriver
        driver.Get "https://www.google.co.uk"

Dim row
        For Each row In Table.From([Sheet1!A1]).Where("Column1 In(2, 4)")
            row("Column3") = Verify.Equals("B", row("Column2"))
        Next

driver.Quit
    End Sub

Anybody have any ideas?

Monday, October 31, 2016 2:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since selenium basic is third party API and this issue is not related to Office object model, we could not offer any helpful suggestion, I would move this thread into VBA forum,

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=isvvba

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 3:15 AM
  • The problem is Firefox changed the method to access their model and SeleniumBasic hasn't been updated.  Revert to Firefox version 46.0.1 and it will work.  You'll need to disable automatic updates.

Look at the Issues page.  I posted how to get it to work with Edge and the latest version of Chrome.  I use Xpath for all my extractions and filling in forms.  I prefer Firefox's Firepath to create Xpaths.

• Edited by mogulman52 Tuesday, November 1, 2016 11:53 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 11:12 AM