using ffmpeg with wiindows store app

Question

• with the available winjs api i was able to transcode only few of the files,still cannot transcode mkv files, is there any way I can use ffmpeg with my windows store app to transcode a wide range of video files

mayanklohani

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• I haven't tried it, but a quick search finds http://ffmpegwinrtarm.codeplex.com/ which claims to be a version of ffmpeg which works in Windows Store apps. For help with it check out that site.
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 7:23 PM
    Owner
  • I will check it out but can can you help with how to use use other existing packages like atomic  parsley or video transcoders with windows 8 app (html+JS). I have not been anle to find any way to include them and use them in my app

mayanklohani

Thursday, March 20, 2014 1:29 AM
  • Like Jeff said in your other thread, you'll need to check with atomic parsley to see if they provide a version for Windows Store apps.
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 3:35 AM
    Owner
  • I was trying to add metadata to files after getting file reference using filepicker. I was able to change existing metadata but how to add new metadata to file

mayanklohani

Thursday, March 20, 2014 5:54 AM
  • Please post new questions in new threads.

You can set properties on a file via the StorageFile.Properties objects. Once you've modified the properties you can save them with the SavePropertiesAsync | savePropertiesAsync methods .

This is demonstrated in the   Simple imaging sampleand the Media Hub sample app

--Rob

Friday, March 21, 2014 2:59 AM
    Owner