Running process from server RRS feed

• Question

• User56019626 posted

Hi I am building a online application with aspx & c#, where user logs in and starts process i want the process to keep running

even the client logs off or pc shuts off, it should keep runing untill the result is achieved than store it in a table

what is the best way of doing this .....thanks

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:56 PM

Answers

• User-578657687 posted

Hi,

#, where user logs in and starts process i want the process to keep running

even the client logs off or pc shuts off, it should keep runing untill the result is achieved than store it in a table

When one user sign in your web site, you would like to start a process to keep runing nomatter the client sign out or shut down his pc. If I misunderstand your requirement. I recommend you to try using Windows Service:

Microsoft Windows services, formerly known as NT services, enable you to create long-running executable applications that run in their own Windows sessions. These services can be automatically started when the computer boots, can be paused and restarted, and do not show any user interface. These features make services ideal for use on a server or whenever you need long-running functionality that does not interfere with other users who are working on the same computer.

More information about Windows Service please check this article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d56de412(v=VS.100).aspx 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:31 AM