none
Automatic download of pictures in OWA and Outlook 2010 not allowed with internal addresses via PowerShell RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are on Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2010.

The problem is  that the internal address which is a mailbox account will not add. The Outlook 2010 GPO is not reliable, plus it doesn't capture OWA users. I need to allow pictures to automatically download from a internal safe sender account.

//************************************

Set-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration -Identity user -TrustedSendersAndDomains @{Add=
    "corporatecommunication@domain.com"}
    Property validation failed. Property = TrustedSendersAndDomains (System.String)
    Error = "corporatecommunication@domain.com" is in your organization and can't be added to Safe Senders and Recipients..
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (0:Int32) [Set-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration], PropertyValidationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 2696E7D7,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.StoreTasks.SetMailboxJunkEmailConfiguration

//************************************

Any ideas?

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:12 PM

All replies

• Error = "corporatecommunication@domain.com" is in your organization and can't be added to Safe Senders and Recipients..

Any ideas?

Hi,
    I think that error or information message speaks for it self.
    All internal messages that are sent from authenticated users (from Outlook or OWA for example) is already "trusted" and would never be treated as Junk.

Martina Miskovic

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 11:56 PM
  • I'm not talking about junk email. If you send an email from corporatecommunication@domain.com to user1@domain.com with http pictures, you will get prompted to download pictures in Outlook and OWA. If you manually add corpcommunication@domain.com to safe senders in the Outlook fat client, you get the desired results of pictures downloading. 

On the Outlook 2010 fat client, you can bypass this by GPO although it has only worked 50% of the time. This does not solve users that use OWA. Once this is done and works via GPO, you will see via Get-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration -Identity user1 -TrustedSendersAndDomains that corpcommunication@domain.com is added.

This does not solve OWA users though and the GPO doesn't work very well. I had to load Outlook 2010 about 5 times before getting the safe senders list appended.

• Edited by debian000 Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:37 PM
    Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:36 PM
  • I'm not talking about junk email.

Well, Set-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration is a cmdlet that are used to configure a mailbox Junk-Settings in OWA and Outlook.

...and like I wrote before, a message sent from an Authenticated User with Outlook and OWA for example, will not be treated as Junk.

Martina Miskovic

Friday, December 21, 2012 7:13 AM
  • Set-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration -Identity user -TrustedSendersAndDomains @{Add=
    "corporatecommunication@domain.com"}

This command modifies Safe Senders list in Junk mail. I don't have an issue with it going to Junk mail, but that the pictures do not show up.

If I add this email address in Outlook 2010, pictures show up automatically without users doing it. Why can I add this via Outlook 2010, but not on the backend through powershell? Is there another method?

I understand that you are talking about junk email but that is not the issue. It's the pictures no populating from an internal site.

Friday, December 21, 2012 4:23 PM
  • Did you find any solution to this ?

I have the exactly same issue, but cannot override this error message...

Monday, July 30, 2018 6:16 AM