Converting Visual Basic project to Windows Store Project

Question

• I have created an exe application as Visual Basic project in Visual Studio 2013. Now I want it to publish it in Windows Store.Is it possible to create package on pure VB project?

If i want that VB project to converted into an Windows Store project how to do it?

Sunday, August 24, 2014 10:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can use VB to create windows store projects in visual studio 2013 on windows 8 or 8.1. 

WPF projects are the closest to windows store apps but I do not think there is any converters which will change the project type of you.  

Sunday, August 24, 2014 12:40 PM
  • Then what will I do with that existing VB project?? Can;t I modify it somehow to fit as Windows Store app?
    Sunday, August 24, 2014 1:04 PM
  • You need to be more specific on what type of VB project you have.  Is it a website? windows forms app?  Class Library?
    Sunday, August 24, 2014 1:15 PM
  • ohh...its an windows forms app.

Just a normal exe application. And it works well with both WIndows 8 and 8.1.

Sunday, August 24, 2014 1:17 PM
  • Sorry to say you are going to have to rewrite the app.  There are no windows forms controls in windows store apps.

Maybe you can move some of the logic in the windows forms app to a portable class library you can use with the windows store app

Sunday, August 24, 2014 1:20 PM
  • I think thats why I'm am unable to Create Package and that option is disabled.
    Sunday, August 24, 2014 1:23 PM
  • That option will only be enabled when you are working on a windows store project
    Sunday, August 24, 2014 1:27 PM
  • Now i just want to know whether i can import all the forms and design.vb and all in the new Windows store project I create? 
    Or can I use any VB design UI there so that i can copy paste the vb form codes used here?

Sunday, August 24, 2014 1:54 PM
  • The windows forms stuff does not work in windows store apps.  They use xaml.

Maybe this video will help

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2014/2-515

Sunday, August 24, 2014 2:15 PM