none
Lending Library Template & sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have Lending Library Template installed and it's running greatly in my WSS 3.0 Farm.

Unfortunatly, when I upgrade to sharepoint 2010 enterprise server the Library stop working and give the error:

<Render Failed>???!!!!!

Please any one can help?

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 5:19 AM

All replies

• After searching I got to know that Render Failed error is caused when there is issue with the view, and then start changing the view finally it show the list of books when I remove the Check out from the View.

Now the library is opening but users cannot check out or check in any book since that column is removed from the View.

Anyone knows how to edit the settings of check out column??

It is not appearing in the list of columns it only appear on the view settings where can I find this column so I can edit its setting?

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 6:21 AM
  • I found the column, it appears only in the List Content Type Information.

the type of column is computed and it is not editable. please help???

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

This is a known issue. The render failure was caused by the field LLTransaction, which is a look up field and its view field is set to the Content Type field of the Transactions list. In O14, the Content Type field type is changed from text to computed, and it uses Content Type Id field to compute its value. As a result, Content Type field cannot be used as view field as more.  The field NotifyMe in Transactions list uses the edit form URL to locate the parent folder of all forms of the list. However, in O14, all form requests are sent to _layouts/form.aspx, which then redirect to the correct form of the list. As a result, the parent folder got from this URL will always be under _layouts.

This has been fixed in build 12.0.6565.5000. If you have the backup of SharePoint Server 2007, you need to install this CU(cumulative update) on SharePoint 2007 first. Then after upgrade to SharePoint 2010, it should work fine. And you can get it here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2553020

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, November 11, 2011 10:34 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by albahlani Monday, November 14, 2011 5:40 AM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:02 AM
  • Thanks for your reply

I had tried what you suggested; unfortunately when I run the upgrade I got the following error:

Upgrade-SPContentDatabase : An update conflict has occurred, and you must re-tr

y this action. The object SPUpgradeSession Name=Upgrade-20111112-154150-812 was

updated by domain\admin, in the powershell (2712) process, on machine SERVER.  View the tracing log for more information about the conflict.

At line:1 char:26

+ Upgrade-SPContentDatabase <<<<

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share...ContentDatabase:

SPCmdletUpgradeContentDatabase) [Upgrade-SPContentDatabase], SPUpdatedConc

urrencyException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletUpgradeC

ontentDatabase

I don’t know why this error occurred.

Saturday, November 12, 2011 11:42 AM
  • i solve the update conflict issue but still i'm getting <Render Failed>???!!!!! even after the installation of the suggested update.
    Monday, November 14, 2011 5:39 AM