none
Not able to upload more than 50 MB to OneDrive for business - using office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using office 365 REST API to copy file to OneDrive for business. Below code snippet to create a new file and put the memory stream on the file was working fine till couple of days back for creating files of any size. However since Friday we noticed that files greater than 50 MB are not getting created on OneDrive properly, the file gets created with 0KB size on drive. Files lesser than 50 MB are getting created properly and I was able to download the file from drive as well.

await sharePointClient.Files.GetById(parentItem.Id).ToFolder().Children.AddItemAsync(newFile);             await sharePointClient.Files.GetById(newFile.Id).ToFile().UploadAsync(stream);

Using fiddler I noticed following message

{"error":{"code":"-1, Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.InvalidClientQueryException","message":"
    The request message is too big. The server does not allow messages larger than 52428800 bytes."}}

.Normal physically/Drag drop uploading to Onedrive  is also working fine just that programmatically using this API we are not able to upload big file.

Any inputs if there has been change to upload limit for these REST APIs or any updates happening from Microsoft on these APIs.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Bhavna,

>>.Normal physically/Drag drop uploading to Onedrive  is also working fine just that programmatically using this API we are not able to upload big file.<<

OneDrive for business is different with OneDrive. I suggest that you make a test on OneDrive for business. You can get more detail about OneDrive business and OneDrive from link below:

What is OneDrive for Business? 

If it is also failed, I suggest that you contact the admin for your Office 365 to increase the size limitation.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 5:37 AM

All replies

• This might help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/20299.sharepoint-2010-uploading-large-files-to-sharepoint.aspx

Friday, November 20, 2015 4:05 AM
  • Hi Bhavna,

>>.Normal physically/Drag drop uploading to Onedrive  is also working fine just that programmatically using this API we are not able to upload big file.<<

OneDrive for business is different with OneDrive. I suggest that you make a test on OneDrive for business. You can get more detail about OneDrive business and OneDrive from link below:

What is OneDrive for Business? 

If it is also failed, I suggest that you contact the admin for your Office 365 to increase the size limitation.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 5:37 AM