Playback video in VB.NET RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have some trouble with video playback on WMP in VB.NET Form. Why video doesn't play?

Public Class Form1
        Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

AxWindowsMediaPlayer1.openPlayer("C:\...\video.avi") 'THIS WORKS CORRECT ...

AxWindowsMediaPlayer1.URL = "C:\...\video.avi"       'PLAYBACK ONLY SOUND, WITH NO PICTURE :(((

End Sub

End Class

P.S. I'm interesting solution only for WMP in Form.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 9:29 PM

Answers

• try to re-install your windows media player may be it will solve the problem
    kaymaf
    I hope this helps, if that is what you want, just mark it as answer so that we can move on
    • Marked as answer by Xingwei Hu Monday, April 20, 2009 11:06 AM
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:58 PM

All replies

• Do you play the same video.avi on both method.? If is the same video, it should play in your vb application because you are using the same WMP, AxWindowsMediaPlayer1.openPlayer will play on Media player Standalone while the AxWindowsMediaPlayer1.URL will play within your program. The problem of sound with no picture is due to Video codec, close your application and run it again

kaymaf
    I hope this helps, if that is what you want, just mark it as answer so that we can move on
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:08 PM
  • Thanks kaymaf , it's same file. But function AxWindowsMediaPlayer1.openPlayer always playback it correct and AxWindowsMediaPlayer1.URL only sound. Unfortunately restart applications, computer etc. not help.
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 7:53 AM
  • When I had problems playing an AVI file, it was due to the fact that I did not have the DivX codec installed.  Kaymaf suggested this might be the problem with your playback if you don't have that codec installed.  You can download it here (it's free):

http://www.divx.com/downloads/divx

Doug
    • Unmarked as answer by Xingwei Hu Monday, April 20, 2009 11:07 AM
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:20 AM
  • Thanks Doug , I know about DivX (it realy helps)..., but I try to solve this trouble using only internal Windows resourses, may be its impossible... :(

Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:44 PM
  • Thanks Doug , I know about DivX (it realy helps)..., but I try to solve this trouble using only internal Windows resourses, may be its impossible... :(

If you are limited to Windows supplied codecs, use Vista Ultimate.  If has the most codecs.  You still won't be able to play many formats. 
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:38 PM
  • try to re-install your windows media player may be it will solve the problem
    kaymaf
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:58 PM