iPhone issues... RRS feed

• Question

• User-676557134 posted

Hi all,

iPhone issue: Gridview 'select' column... when clicked... brings me to a page that has nothing to do with the 'select' column.

Page: www.beaudamore.com/demo

Departments, Users, Customers, pages...any pages that have gridviews which target detailsviews in the same page,

ALL select column choices bring me to my 'ModifyWorkorderDetails' page with query stringinfo..?..

(If you click an id number in the top menu bar's workorderid dropdownlist, that is what is supposed to target 'modifyworkorerdetails.aspx?workorderid=XXX''... with querystring info appended..not clicking a 'select' in one fo the gridviews.....)

I feel this is probably a part of the unofficial Microsoft-apple inter-corporate-hatred plan of each other making it difficult, purposely, to work with each other....LOL!

So if anyone knows where/how/when to deal with iPhone control issues let me know?
    Thanks 

Friday, September 28, 2007 12:19 PM

Answers

• User-676557134 posted

The solution was to call

DetailsViewContacts.Databind
    DetailsViewLocations.Databind

on_Load in order to keep it on the same CustomerID sent in via QueryString 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 12, 2007 11:30 PM

All replies

• User336673788 posted

Beau,

very nice site. i'm planning to create a mobile site in the near future. is there any recommended book that you can share with me? or are the URLs for tutorials? thanks.

Friday, October 12, 2007 7:45 PM
  • User-676557134 posted

I've never built a 'mobile' site. Not sure as to what device criteria you refer too.

There's an HTML meta tag for iPhone to handle the zoom. It's on my site if you 'view source'.

Other than that theres some quirkyness to any JS it reads. If you check www.dynamicdrive.com on your iPhone, you will see only about 1/10 things work on Safari. 

Butother than that, I've not built a 'mobile site' before either. I assume to work on a Windows Mobile 5.0 based cell? 

Friday, October 12, 2007 11:25 PM
  • User-676557134 posted

The solution was to call

DetailsViewContacts.Databind
    DetailsViewLocations.Databind

on_Load in order to keep it on the same CustomerID sent in via QueryString 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 12, 2007 11:30 PM
  • User336673788 posted

Beau,

since that site of yours is small in width; and mobile sites are normally small like that. That's why I asked the question. I'm planning to purchase a PDA with Windows Mobile 6.0 and do some Mobile application and web application for PDA.

Thanks =)

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 11:41 AM