none
.net 2.0 program crashes / terminates without warning or error RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have an application that requires .net 2.0 framework to be installed on my computer. This program also uses SQLite-1.0.48.0.

When I run this program everything seems to be OK, the program loads for a split second and then the window closes with no warning or error. No errors or entries appear in the Application Events log either.

I've tried removing all versions of .net (both 1.1 and 2.0) and made sure that all the latest service packs / hotfixes were applied with no success.

I have a backup laptop that I installed .net 2.0 onto and this application works just fine on that computer and on several other computers.

I cannot figure out how to resolve this issue or find out why it's crashing.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on how or where to trap some error information so I can figure out why this program seems to load and then instantly terminates / crashes with no warning or error?

Monday, April 21, 2008 1:42 PM

Answers

• I've sourced the problem by killing tasks and services until it worked.

The culprit is the kensington mousworks software. Apparently this is a known bug and has been around for 2 years now and kensington refuses to update / fix their software. The application that was specifically causing the program to instantly terminate was kmw_run.exe.

Very annoying and disappoint that between the .net side and the kensington side, neither developer has offered a fix for over two years.

Sad
    Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:15 PM

All replies

• You should repro the crash and use some debugger to debug your .NET application to find the cause.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 3:53 AM
  • I've sourced the problem by killing tasks and services until it worked.

The culprit is the kensington mousworks software. Apparently this is a known bug and has been around for 2 years now and kensington refuses to update / fix their software. The application that was specifically causing the program to instantly terminate was kmw_run.exe.

Very annoying and disappoint that between the .net side and the kensington side, neither developer has offered a fix for over two years.

Sad
    Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:15 PM