Can One Windows Store App access another Windows Store App's local files?

Question

• My games (4 of them) each have the same tutorial and I want to store a score for the tutorial and each game that accessible by the other games. Is this possible outside of the documents folder?

Regards,

Bubba

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can implement share contract in your app.An app can support the Share feature in two ways. First, it can be a source app that provides content that the user wants to share. Second, the app can be a target app that the user selects as the destination for shared content. An app can also be both a source app and a target app.

And This Share contract  allows your app to be presented as an option when the user invokes  Share  in scenarios in which supported data formats are shared. When choosing data formats for your target app to support, you should  register only for the formats that your app can handle. For more guidance, see Choosing data formats. When the user invokes the Share option,  only  target apps that support the data being shared  appear.

You can see the links to get more information:

Adding Share

Sharing content

How to share files

Receiving shared content

And there are some samples:

Sharing content source app sample

Sharing content target app sample

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, May 1, 2014 2:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can implement share contract in your app.An app can support the Share feature in two ways. First, it can be a source app that provides content that the user wants to share. Second, the app can be a target app that the user selects as the destination for shared content. An app can also be both a source app and a target app.

And This Share contract  allows your app to be presented as an option when the user invokes  Share  in scenarios in which supported data formats are shared. When choosing data formats for your target app to support, you should  register only for the formats that your app can handle. For more guidance, see Choosing data formats. When the user invokes the Share option,  only  target apps that support the data being shared  appear.

You can see the links to get more information:

Adding Share

Sharing content

How to share files

Receiving shared content

And there are some samples:

Sharing content source app sample

Sharing content target app sample

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, May 1, 2014 2:14 AM
  • I guess I'll have to make each app a source and target of the other 3 but that should do it.
    Thursday, May 1, 2014 2:26 AM
  • But that would require your player to 'share' manually to/from each game.

A better solution (if feasible) would be to use some kind of cloud storage

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Thursday, May 1, 2014 5:36 AM