SignalR connection not starting RRS feed

• Question

• User152098525 posted

I have an MVC5 app that has been using SignalR for updates against RavenDB. We recently switched to SqlTableDependency (not SqlDependency) and when I call $.connection.hub.start() it now does not start up. It doesn't throw an error, but the spot I land on if I step through the code is in jQuery here:

SignalR: No JSON parser found. Please ensure json2.js is referenced before the SignalR.js file if you need to support clients without native JSON parsing support, e.g. IE<8.");
    if(n.type(i)==="function"?h=i:n.type(i)==="object"&&(n.extend(v,i),n.type(v.callback)==="function"&&(h=v.callback)),v.transport=w(v.transport,a),!v.transport)throw new
    Error("SignalR: Invalid transport(s) specified, aborting start.")

Which is also weird as I am running the application in Chrome... The hub's OnConnected() method never gets hit. 

Friday, April 21, 2017 6:21 PM

All replies

• User-271186128 posted

Hi agilerory,

SignalR connection not starting

There are several things that may cause the current issue, now I’m not sure which one when I did not see the your codes. There are some suggestions in below, if they are not work, please post the code of JavaScript References and the part of SignalR connection start to us to help to do investigation.

1. Try to set the IE as Edge, <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" />
    2. Try to add the JSON2 JS package from Nuget, and reference it before the SignalR JavaScript reference

Best regards,
    Dillion

Monday, April 24, 2017 6:59 AM