Peer Group API, record exchange RRS feed

• Question

• I setup a peer to peer group application with the help of the peer to peer group API. It all works fine as long as my peers reside in the local area network. If the peers are spread over the internet, the following situation comes up:

Peer Group Creator:

• Creating the Group         OK
    • Opening the Group         OK
    • Connecting to the Group OK
    • PeerGroupAddRecord to send data returns S_OK (but it seems never to reach the destination)
    • PEER_GROUP_EVENT_RECORD_CHANGED and PEER_RECORD_ADDED callback is never invoked for reception.

Peer as member in the internet:

• Joining the group             OK
    • Connecting to the Group OK
    • PeerGroupAddRecord to send data returns 0x80630013 (The graph is not ready.)
    • PEER_GROUP_EVENT_RECORD_CHANGED and PEER_RECORD_ADDED callback is never invoked for reception.

As I said, the above configuration works fine if both peers are found in my LAN. If one peer is moved to the internet, the send and receive of records is not possible. In this case one peer was located in Swiss and my location is in Germany. The creation of identities and invitations is automated and delivered over a TCP connection. My application protocols tell me, that they are sent and received successfully. IPV6 is enabled in my router and even in the router on my internet partner. We both can ping our addresses via IPV6.

My questions are:

Does the Microsoft peer to peer technology work over the internet at all? The documentation does not mention the internet explicitly.

If it can be used for the internet, is there any additional configuration required to enable the data exchange?

I even tested it out with the GroupChat example from the SDK. It does not work...
    My operating system is Windows10/64, the internet peer works on Windows 7/64.

Any help would be appreciated,

Regards,

TOWSIM

f. Michel

Friday, March 25, 2016 12:01 PM