Using C++, how can I make a simple video editor? RRS feed

• Question

• Obviously, this question cannot be answered in one answer here. But I would like to know where I should go to learn how to use C++ so I can do this. What skills in C++ will I need to learn that will enable me to build an application that has the ability to create video layers, and render them out into one video?
    Friday, April 29, 2016 10:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

Maybe OpenCV can solve the problem. Here has a demo that plays the video file. If you have time, please see the demo using opencv library.

Best Regards,

Hart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Hart Wang Tuesday, May 3, 2016 1:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hart Wang Wednesday, May 4, 2016 6:37 AM
    Saturday, April 30, 2016 6:24 AM
  • Hello,

You can also have a look at ffmeg : https://ffmpeg.org/

Saturday, April 30, 2016 6:55 AM
  • Depends what you mean by simple and how much you'd like to do yourself and what you expect to have done for you.

Everything you need to read and write audio and video on a frame-by-frame basis is in Microsoft Media Foundation.

See this tutorial.

Saturday, April 30, 2016 8:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

Maybe OpenCV can solve the problem. Here has a demo that plays the video file. If you have time, please see the demo using opencv library.

Best Regards,

Hart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Saturday, April 30, 2016 6:24 AM
  • Hello,

You can also have a look at ffmeg : https://ffmpeg.org/

Saturday, April 30, 2016 6:55 AM
  • Depends what you mean by simple and how much you'd like to do yourself and what you expect to have done for you.

Everything you need to read and write audio and video on a frame-by-frame basis is in Microsoft Media Foundation.

See this tutorial.

Saturday, April 30, 2016 8:16 PM