none
Is it possible to use Deliverable GUID in a MS Project Formula? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to reference Deliverable GUID in a MS Project Formula?  I created a formula and it appears that the formula is not processing the field.  I then tried to see if I could just get a formula in a generic text field to spit out the Deliverable GUID and it returned #ERROR.  Is there a trick with a format conversion that needs to be done on the field in the formula?
    Friday, January 31, 2014 6:02 PM

Answers

• Chris,

As far as I can tell, if you are talking about a custom field formula then no, the Deliverable GUID field is not available. However if you use VBA, the Deliverable GUID field is available.

Hope this helps.

John

Friday, January 31, 2014 8:02 PM

All replies

• Chris,

As far as I can tell, if you are talking about a custom field formula then no, the Deliverable GUID field is not available. However if you use VBA, the Deliverable GUID field is available.

Hope this helps.

John

Friday, January 31, 2014 8:02 PM
  • Hi John - that was my fear.

Chris

Monday, February 3, 2014 3:53 PM
  • Chris,

However, with a simple VBA routine, you can write the Deliveralbe GUID value to an extra text field (e.g. Text1) and then you can use that in a formula. The following macro will do that:

Sub CopyDelGUID()
    Dim t As Task
    For Each t In ActiveProject.Tasks
        If Not t Is Nothing Then t.Text1 = t.DeliverableGuid
    Next t
    End Sub

But remember, formulas in custom fields can only operate on data in the current field, unless that data is at Project level (e.g. Minutes per day).

John

Monday, February 3, 2014 4:22 PM