Windows 8 needs to be blue

General discussion

• The amount of green in W8 is discomforting.

Let's not forget that blue is THE Windows color:

Blue Windows 95 sky, Blue Screen, Blue Windows XP standard theme, Blue Windows 7 standard theme.

Vista on the other hand had a greenish theme.. ME was also "greenish" (the "ME" letters were green).

I personally think Vista and ME were fines systems, but green didn't bring them luck.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:02 PM

All replies

• You might be able to change that later, this is just a developer preview but I can imagen having Metro UI work as a desktop - where you could customize the background image. You might even be able to create your own themes.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:30 PM
  • But if it were blue it wouldn't be

BOLD!

:)

-Noel

• Edited by Noel Carboni Saturday, September 17, 2011 11:33 PM
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 11:33 PM
  • Actually, Windows Millennium was blue, as far as I can tell. The logo may have used green, but blue was definitely the overriding color. It had a blue default theme, blue title bars, a large set of blue background pictures, and blue in many other areas. In fact, I associate the shade of blue used in Windows 2000 with Windows Millennium more than I do Windows 2000 itself. Windows Millennium may have been a bad operating system, but it's main color was still blue. Vista, which had a green theme, was my all-time favorite Windows version. However, Windows 8 looks like it will need a lot of work before I will be able to use it.
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 2:00 AM
  • Personally I love the green look but I do hope it's configurable. I hope it's like Windows Phone 7 accent color.

Thanks,
    Bobby Cannon
    http://sharpdeck.net
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 2:36 PM
  • I have good news for you - in the latest blog post on the Building Windows 8 blog, there are screenshots of Windows 8 with a blue theme.

Here is the link: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/11/14/minimizing-restarts-after-automatic-updating-in-windows-update.aspx

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:15 AM