none
App for Office -- Opening a document -- Default behavior and options RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a simple App for Office with a task pane. After launching the application, when I open another (existing) document, it opens a new window. The new window does not have the task pane open.

Is there any way to open the new document in the same window as the original document? The task pane should also remain open.

Regards,

Ojix

Friday, April 3, 2015 3:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Ojix,

According to the description, you want to keep the apps for Office inserted automaticlly when you open a new document.

As far as I know, this is not supported. Based on my understanding, when we insert the apps for Office into an document, there are some settings about apps are inserted. And since these settings will not inserted when we creating an new document, the apps will not be inserted automaticlly.

If you do want Excel to support this feature, you can try to submit the feedback by click the "smile face" at the top right corner of Excel.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 6, 2015 3:28 AM