none
Can I run a dependency report or a dependency tree to show impact across entire program? RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for a way to display all the dependencies that I established on the project plan, and how they impact one another. Can you run a visualization through MS project to do so? or run a report that will show a clear work-flow?
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 6:25 PM

All replies

• Kalina556,

That's the purpose of a Network Diagram. Have you looked at the Descriptive Network Diagram, the Network Diagram, or even the Relationship Diagram views? To a lesser extend the Task Inspector may be of some help.

I can't envision how a report would give a good visualization but maybe I don't fully understand what you hope to see in such a report.

John

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 6:35 PM
  • Kalina556,

I agree with John's suggestions of the Network Diagram tool, though my own experience with it has been frustrating.

You may also be seeking a logic tracing filter, which assists in visualizing the impact of dependencies within the schedule - primarily by hiding unrelated tasks.  Some examples are shown here in my blog.

The tool that I use is not generally for sale, though I'm always on the lookout for other users to test.

Good luck, tom

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 5:01 AM