Hyper-V and network configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hope this is the right category to post my question.

I recently decided to develop some applications on Windows phone 8. In installed the required software and I got a lot of problems with vmware for example.

I achieve to got everything working (based on different bcd entries) but today nothings work. I tried to repair the WP8 SDK and re-install hyper-v but I can't even join a launched VM. I also tried some command to re-install the vms_pp component or even XdeCleanup.

Here is a screen capture of what happens: http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/1516/hypervbugs.png

I though my bugs may have been related to a wifi dongle I bought some days ago (a Belkin one) I uninstalled its driver.

This post is my last attempt before re-installing my whole computer :(

Thank you.

Saturday, January 12, 2013 6:30 PM

Answers

• So finally there is an issue with the Network Killer driver. I removed it and was able to launch any VM. I'll try to update it and/or send a request to the manufacturer...

Thanks

Sunday, January 13, 2013 5:05 PM

All replies

• I can't post a link or an image without having my account verified but it causes no problems for an initial post... Fun. Anyway, I wanted to edit my post to add two precisions:

• As you can see, the Linux VM is actually started, I was able to assist to all the boot sequence but it is impossible for me to connect to the vm.
    • I have a gigabyte motherboard with a Killer Network chipset, I don't know if it may be related. I saw some post with people having problem with this type of motherboard.

Sorry for the double posts,

Thanks

Saturday, January 12, 2013 6:45 PM
  • Probably the Gigabyte motherboard is the reason. Did you try to get a BIOS update for it?

ThanQ...

Sunday, January 13, 2013 4:10 AM
  • I was about to but I decided to test without network and I ask the vm not to ask for internet, in some ways it worked: The emulator was able to run but then, the connection between the emulator and the VM failed the same way the connection to the Linux VM does...

Thanks for you answer !

Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:22 AM
  • So finally there is an issue with the Network Killer driver. I removed it and was able to launch any VM. I'll try to update it and/or send a request to the manufacturer...

Thanks

Sunday, January 13, 2013 5:05 PM