VSO: Release Definition Failed to Execute, error: No files were found to deploy with search pattern ##[error]No files were found to deploy with search pattern 'C:\a\72aa6d3d6\**\*.zip' RRS feed

• Question

• Good day. 

I have a simple web application in Visual STudio 2015 that i would like to build and deploy in Azure through an Azure Web Site. I have the Code Repository Git set in Visual Studio online. And i was able to create a build successfully. 

So i created a Release Definition which is triggered when a Build is queued. it is connected to My Azure Account. However when the release is executed, i got an error where it says it is REJECTED, because files are not found. I don't know what im missing here. 

and here is the step where the error happens. 

I followed closely the procedure that is stated on this article.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/Library/vs/alm/Release/getting-started/deploy-to-azure

The release definition is linked to the Build Definition.

I am stuck with this problem. I hope that anyone can help me in solving this. 

Thank you very much, 

Rommel

Monday, November 23, 2015 3:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am currently researching to gather more information with regards to your request. I shall revert back to you with an update at the earliest. Sincerely appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Asha

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 11:33 AM
  • Hi Rommel_Sudan,

The "Copy and Publish Artifacts" publishes the selected files from the root of the repo folder by default. It does not look like you are producing a zip file in that folder. Change the "contents" field in that task to be **/*.zip and you will notice that you do not have zip file in the published artifacts .Change the "copy root" to $(Build.staging Directory) or $(Agent.Build Directory) and then you should have a zip file published.

Hope it Helps!

Regards,
    Asha

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 2:51 AM
  • Hello, have you been able to solve this? I have the exact same problem and have not found a way around it.
    Tuesday, December 1, 2015 7:13 AM
  • I am still receiving this error even after these proposed fixes. Any other ideas on how to fix this?
    Wednesday, December 2, 2015 8:29 PM
  • I am also receiving this error.  Would be great to get more help on this issue.
    • Proposed as answer by mjtonini Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:44 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by mjtonini Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:44 PM
    Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:34 PM
  • The instructions above did work.  Just remove the spaces out of the 'variable'

$(Agent.BuildDirectory)

• Proposed as answer by mjtonini Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:45 PM
    Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:45 PM
  • I have the same issue. I changed the variable to $(Agent.BuildDirectory). I left the build definition to copy **\bin.

Is there anywhere I can actually see the published drop from the build? I am using VSTS Git, and there doesnt seem to be an drops folder anywhere.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 3:48 AM