none
How to increase the RAM size in Win CE 6.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Community,

I have a driver ported from XP to Win CE 6.0 and now we need to test it for performance. But the memory of my device is only 32 MB. So whenever any extra application is run, the win ce machine ends up in a hang. I need to increase memory to at least 64 MB so that it has enough space for applications to run. I used "FSRAMPERCENT" to convert 80% of Storage Memory to Program Memory but even that is not enough. I also looked in internet for "ways to increase the RAM memory" but results are not very much clear. Please suggest me how to get it done.

Thanks

• Edited by deepak_ Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:01 AM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:31 AM

Answers

• 1. Yes set the variable in the Environment variables.Make sure to Remove the IMGRAM64 variable.

2. Leave that statement just follow only the steps given in the article.

Regards,
    Prabu [eMVP]
    • Marked as answer by deepak_ Friday, January 18, 2013 9:12 AM
    Friday, January 18, 2013 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Deepak,

To increase the ram size u need to change in the config.bib file and oemaddrtab_cfg file as well.

With Regards

nadini

Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:53 AM

• nadini, can you please elaborate a bit- how to do this all??

I looked foroemaddrtab_cfg. This msdn link says that this is for ARM-based hardware platforms only.
    • Edited by deepak_ Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:05 PM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:35 AM
  • Hi,

What is the hardware platform you are using?

What is the RAM size physically supported by your device?

Regards,

Prabu[eMVP]

http://prabukumar.wordpress.com

Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:04 PM
  • Hi Prabhu,

Thanks for responding.

We are using x86 platform on a Pentium 4 machine having RAM of 1 GB.

Friday, January 18, 2013 4:37 AM
  • So I hope you are using the CEPC BSP.Did you tried setting any of these environment variables.If not please try to set these environment variables.

IMGRAM64,IMGRAM128,IMGRAM256

After setting this variable and building the OS try to verify whether configuration is changing or not by examining the ce.bib found on the release directory.

Regards,
    Prabu [eMVP]
    Friday, January 18, 2013 5:45 AM
  • Also check out this article.

Regards,
    Prabu [eMVP]
    Friday, January 18, 2013 6:05 AM
  • Prabhu,

It shows that you replied but your reply is not visible... :(

Friday, January 18, 2013 6:35 AM
  • Not sure why it is not visible to you.Here is my reply once again.

So I hope you are using the CEPC BSP.Did you tried setting any of these environment variables.If not please try to set these environment variables.

IMGRAM64,IMGRAM128,IMGRAM256

After setting this variable and building the OS try to verify whether configuration is changing or not by examining the ce.bib found on the release directory.

Also check out this article.

Regards,
    Prabu [eMVP]
    Friday, January 18, 2013 6:41 AM
  • Thank you so much!!

Yes, we are using CEPC BSP. IMGRAM64=1 is already set as the image size is more than 32 MB. However, after CEPC boots up, I could see total memory (Storage + Program) as 32 MB. Now, can you help me with these two things:

1. Is IMGRAM128 set by Properties -> Configuration Properties -> Environment ??

2. In the msdn link you suggested, it refers to "Cfwpc.c" file but in my system, CSP folder is not present in \Common\OAK\ directory..

Friday, January 18, 2013 7:00 AM
  • 1. Yes set the variable in the Environment variables.Make sure to Remove the IMGRAM64 variable.

2. Leave that statement just follow only the steps given in the article.

Regards,
    Prabu [eMVP]
    • Marked as answer by deepak_ Friday, January 18, 2013 9:12 AM
    Friday, January 18, 2013 7:21 AM
  • Thanks a lot Prabhu. It worked!!

I have a little issue: After my WLAN driver is loaded, the response of mouse pointer becomes too slow. But if I prevent the driver from loading (by removing the wi-fi card), the response is normal. Can you suggest me some way to fix it??

Friday, January 18, 2013 9:15 AM