New install of VS2013, lightswitch fails to create new project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just purchased VS 2013 Professional and was looking forward to developing my first app in lightswitch however I can not create any projects and the following error is displayed "Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information".

Please can anyone advise me as what to do? Not a great start!

Many thanks

Jim

Sunday, May 17, 2015 9:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Jim,

You need administrator credentials to install Visual Studio. However, you don't need them to use Visual Studio after you install it. You can repair your vs, and check whether it make any difference.

To repair Visual Studio in silent or passive modes (that is, repair from source)

1.On the computer where Visual Studio is installed, open the Windows command prompt.

2.Enter the following parameters:

DVDRoot \vs_ProductName.exe </quiet|/passive> [/norestart]

If ERRORLEVEL 1 Echo ERRORLEVEL=%ERRORLEVEL%

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Sunday, May 31, 2015 1:00 PM
    Monday, May 18, 2015 9:06 AM

All replies

• Have you installed Silverlight SDK ?
    Sunday, May 17, 2015 10:18 PM
  • thanks for your help,

Silverlight 5 SDK is present in my installed programs and I assume was part of the installation of VS 2013 professional from the DVD. I can upload the activity log if any help?  

Sunday, May 17, 2015 10:36 PM
  • Has visual studio updated to update 4 ?

If yes, and it's fresh installation, you need to uninstall, and then install, and verify when you are installing to check Lightwicth option is selected on features.

Sunday, May 17, 2015 10:47 PM
  • The installation is Visual Studio Professional 2013 with Blend from the MS DVD. I uninstalled all and reinstalled ensuring all products including lightswitch was tick boxed but still have the same error. Obviously I am not (yet) an expert designer and lightswitch is the reason I purchased VS. Would be really grateful for any ideas what to try next.

thanks

Jim

Sunday, May 17, 2015 11:21 PM
  • Hi Jim,

You need administrator credentials to install Visual Studio. However, you don't need them to use Visual Studio after you install it. You can repair your vs, and check whether it make any difference.

To repair Visual Studio in silent or passive modes (that is, repair from source)

1.On the computer where Visual Studio is installed, open the Windows command prompt.

2.Enter the following parameters:

DVDRoot \vs_ProductName.exe </quiet|/passive> [/norestart]

If ERRORLEVEL 1 Echo ERRORLEVEL=%ERRORLEVEL%

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Sunday, May 31, 2015 1:00 PM
    Monday, May 18, 2015 9:06 AM