CAML, insert command, setting selected value of Sharepoint:DVDDropDownList RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have two Sharepoint lists: ListA and ListB. And I am using Sharepoint Server 2010 with Sharepoint Designer 2010 as a tool - no Visual Studio integrated with it so far.

On the NewForm of ListA I have managed to implement Sharepoint:DVDDropDownList that is populated by SPDataSource that contains prefiltered data from ListB using CAML Query. Somehow like this:

<SharePoint:DVDropDownList runat="server" id="DVDropDownList1" DataSourceID="myDataSource" DataTextField="Title" DataValueField="ID"  />

Now I need the value that is selected in this DropDownList to be set into the collumn (Let us call it 'DestinationDataCollumn)' of the ListA. I read something about _designer:bind property, but I am not quite wise how this property should be set. Or can I use Insert Command in the SPDataSource control? And what would be the CAML version of it?

How do I do that? This thing is driving me crazy and possible solution from somebody of you might prevent me from jumping out of the window :) So thank you in advance.

MichalK

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 3:35 PM