none
Unable to add a binding for defined names in excel using Office.context.document.bindings.addFromNamedItemAsync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have defined names in excel OOXML like below

<definedName name="dname1">'Sheet1'!$E$63:$T$64,'Sheet1'!$E$87:$T$91,'Sheet1'!$E$125:$T$126,'Sheet1'!$E$212:$T$215,
    'Sheet1'!$E$219:$T$221,'Sheet1'!$E$237:$T$242,'Sheet1'!$E$262:$T$263,'Sheet1'!$E$277:$T$278</definedName>

<definedName name="dname2">'Sheet1'!$E$63:$T$64,'Sheet1'!$E$87:$T$91,'Sheet1'!$E$125:$T$126,'Sheet1'!$E$212:$T$215,'Sheet1'!$E$219:$T$221,'Sheet1'!$E$237:$T$242,'Sheet1'!$E$262:$T$263,
    'Sheet1'!$E$277:$T$278</definedName>

<definedName name="df">dname2,dname2</definedName>

I am unable to add a binding for the above defined names using Office.context.document.bindings.addFromNamedItemAsync

Please suggest on this.

Thanks!!

Santosh Sutar 

Thursday, March 12, 2015 11:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Santosh,

>>Unable to add a binding for defined names

I could reproduce your issue and based on my understanding, it is because the range type (discrete cells) is not supported for binding (the currently supported type is matrix and table).

To work around this issue, I recommend you creating a separate binding for each cell.

If this is a feature you want to include in future version of Apps for Office, please submit your feedback to Office Development Platform User Voice.

Thanks,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 16, 2015 6:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Santosh Sutar,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

I also could reproduce this issue on my side. And after my investigation, this issue occurred when the name range is noncontiguous. And I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, March 16, 2015 2:16 AM
  • Hi Santosh,

>>Unable to add a binding for defined names

I could reproduce your issue and based on my understanding, it is because the range type (discrete cells) is not supported for binding (the currently supported type is matrix and table).

To work around this issue, I recommend you creating a separate binding for each cell.

If this is a feature you want to include in future version of Apps for Office, please submit your feedback to Office Development Platform User Voice.

Thanks,

Jeffrey

Monday, March 16, 2015 6:25 AM
  • Thanks jefrey for your time.
    Monday, March 16, 2015 11:11 AM