Can't connect to Azure FileStore RRS feed

• Question

• Try to first time connect to my Azure FileStore from a Mac anf from behind a FritzBox Router/Firewall. Can't even ping the host even not after shutting down all firewalls on MacBook as well as on Router (ping timeouts). Connection to Azure Ressource Management App on IPad from behind router firewall works.

Any Advice?

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 2:24 PM

All replies

• First off ping will generally not work to Azure resources, ICMP is blocked by default.

Secondly, you need to make sure your firewall allows traffic outbound on port 445.

Sam Cogan Microsoft Azure MVP
    Blog | Twitter

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 2:32 PM
  • Thanks Sam! My problem is, that I turned all firewalls off and it still didn't work. Is port 445 open when MacBook firewall is turned off. I would assume so.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:59 PM
  • Most Internet Service providers block access to port 445. The first step to check is probe whether it is open or not. To do that, you should try the following the tool, eventhough it is for Linux, it should work on a mac as well :https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Troubleshooting-tool-for-02184089 

if port 445 is blocked, you'd have to call your ISP to allow the port for you. It is very common for most ISPs in the US to block it. 

Let me know if this helps.

Monday, January 14, 2019 9:15 PM