Tablet pen input in Sample metro apps

Question

• Loving the developer preview but on my tablet PC. However, I find that the tablet pen input within some sample apps like the RSS News reader does not seem to work. For example, I can go into the app but if I tap my pen on a news item, it doesn't open it.  The pen input works everywhere else including IE. Is this by design?

Saturday, September 17, 2011 4:28 PM

All replies

• I have the same issue. Pen taps work for a lot of things, but are ignored in the sample apps. Using the trackpad or a USB mouse works as expected. Tapping shows the ripple style highlight, but no click is registered.

I'm running a Lenovo X60 which as a Wacom digitizer.

The pen shows as a "HID-compliant mouse" in Control Panel using the Microsoft driver. The hardware location is listed as "on Wacom Penabled MiniDriver" which suggests that at least some pen-related driver piece has been installed.

I'm going to muck around with drivers to see if I can get it to call it a pen instead of a "HID-compliant mouse".

Sunday, September 18, 2011 9:09 AM
  • If you cannot get the pen taps to work correctly, I suggest you send Feedback.

Thank you for posting your feedback and issue. We want to make sure we get the right info including your log files.  Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Thanks 

Marilyn

Monday, September 26, 2011 1:11 AM