How can I create a clickable matrix that each cell leads to a different view? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I want to create a matrix in my Sharepoint homepage that each of its cells will be clickable and lead to different filtered results. I use Sharepoint 2010.

Currently I am thinking of creating the filtered results using views and then  inserting the links of the views in a two dimensional matrix. I want this matrix to be present in my homepage and those who click on its sells will be directed to the aforementioned views. 

First I would like to know if it's possible to do this, whether there is a better way and finally how I can create this matrix. Any help is welcome! 

Cheers,

Sakis

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:37 PM

All replies

• Depending on which version of SharePoint you're using, this (InfoPath) may not be the best way.  Otherwise, here's how I'd do it:
    Create buttons with custom look and feel...  make them look like your matrix... then, use rules to "switch views" to whatever view you want them to go to based on which button they click.  Buttons can be used to run rules and switch views, really easily.  Then (depending on what version of SharePoint you have... MOSS vs WSS, 2007 vs 2010 vs 2013) you could put a "Form webpart" on the home page to display your form when people visit the page. 
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:57 PM
  • Thank you a lot for the fast answer!

Your proposal sounds easier than  my plan, I'll give it a try. Although I haven't worked with buttons and rules before I guess I'll find my way around.

Thanks a lot again!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:31 AM