C# - RS232 data RRS feed

• Question

• User-1623466995 posted

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.  I am trying to write some data to an Rs232 serial port and I'm trying to figure out how to write the character/string for similtaniously holding down the ctrl and u keys.   

GW

Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:42 PM

Answers

• User-1818759697 posted

Hi,

Here is a link shows you an introduction on how to do serial port communication on .NET platform using C#. The .NET framework version 2.0 (beta) provides features for serial communication. The framework provides System.IO.Ports namespace. The new framework provides classes with the ability to access the serial ports on a computer, and to communicate with serial I/O devices.

To create a SerialPort object:

//create a Serial Port object
    SerialPort sp = new SerialPort ();

In serial communication, a byte of data is transferred through a single wire one bit at a time. For further information, you could access to Serial Communication using C#

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:20 AM

All replies

• User-1185172246 posted
    Do you want to do that in asp.net? What kind of device is it? A printer?
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:49 PM
  • User-1818759697 posted

Hi,

Here is a link shows you an introduction on how to do serial port communication on .NET platform using C#. The .NET framework version 2.0 (beta) provides features for serial communication. The framework provides System.IO.Ports namespace. The new framework provides classes with the ability to access the serial ports on a computer, and to communicate with serial I/O devices.

To create a SerialPort object:

//create a Serial Port object
    SerialPort sp = new SerialPort ();

In serial communication, a byte of data is transferred through a single wire one bit at a time. For further information, you could access to Serial Communication using C#

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:20 AM