none
VB iDE warning message

Question

• When I run a program from the IDE I often times get an error message while it is building saying, file is in use by another process. The only way I can get out of this situation is to unceck the security option click once and run again. Oddly enough the Click Once options get re-checked automatically without my intervention. Unusual! How can I stop this compile error from annoying me?
    Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:49 PM

Answers

• Hi PaulGAbell,

Could you please tell me what's the version of your Visual Studio? It seem that you were using Visual Basic 6.0.

I did a research for the error message you offered "file is in use by another process". And I found some member encountered the same error.  May be you could try the following ways:

1. Try to restore Visual Studio default settings using this command: “devenv.exe /resetsettings”.

2.  Build ->Clean Solution then rebuild solution.

In addition, please also try to create a new project then build it and check whether give the same error.

If it occurred for a new created project. I suppose there might be something wrong with your VS.

In this case, try to repair your VS then try it again.

By the way. Since the VB 6.0 is an such old version of Visual Studio. I suggest you could use advanced version of VS like VS2015 Community or VS2013 Community. These two VS are both free version and VB language is integrated in it.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by PaulGAbell Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:18 PM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi PaulGAbell

This forum is about about the Visual Basic programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools. (Not for VB6 questions), as your issue is more related to the Visual Studio itself, we help you move it to the Visual Studio General Questions forum for better support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:19 AM
  • Hi PaulGAbell,

Could you please tell me what's the version of your Visual Studio? It seem that you were using Visual Basic 6.0.

I did a research for the error message you offered "file is in use by another process". And I found some member encountered the same error.  May be you could try the following ways:

1. Try to restore Visual Studio default settings using this command: “devenv.exe /resetsettings”.

2.  Build ->Clean Solution then rebuild solution.

In addition, please also try to create a new project then build it and check whether give the same error.

If it occurred for a new created project. I suppose there might be something wrong with your VS.

In this case, try to repair your VS then try it again.

By the way. Since the VB 6.0 is an such old version of Visual Studio. I suggest you could use advanced version of VS like VS2015 Community or VS2013 Community. These two VS are both free version and VB language is integrated in it.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by PaulGAbell Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:18 PM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:54 AM