none
FAMILY TREE MAKER RRS feed

• Question

• I have Family Tree Maker as software.

A problem occured indicating that "the Programme encountered a problem and has to close"!

After a month of very unsatisafactory exchanged with Ancestry.com including ininstalling reinstalling the software the problem remains. It is obviously something that the software embeds into my operating system. The latest advice from Ancestry is to uninstall NET FRamework and reinstall itr. I have carried out the former but my system now refuses to allow me to re-install NET Framewok 2 and then move upwatds to 3.5.

PLease help!

• Moved by edhickey Monday, February 21, 2011 8:45 PM (From:.NET 3.0/3.5 Windows Workflow Foundation)
    Sunday, February 20, 2011 12:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Andy,

Thanks for your post.

First, there are several things I would like to clarify with you:

• What is your OS version?
    • Which version of .NET Framework does the Family Tree Maker app require? Is it .NET Framework 2.0?
    • Which version of OS does the Family Tree Maker software supports? Is it compatible with your system?
    • You said "my system now refuses to allow me to re-install NET Framewok 2 and then move upwatds to 3.5", would you please describe this in detail?

As you might know, some versions of .NET Framework is installed as system component. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008, you should go to Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program -> Turn Windows features on or off to reinstall the .NET Framework:

1. Open Turn Windows features on or off, if the checkbox of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is not been selected, then select it and click OK.
    2. If the checkbox of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is been selected, unselect the checkbox first, click OK. Then open the Turn Windows features on or off again and select the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, click OK.

If you are not using previous versions of Windows system, you can download and instll the .NET Framework manually. You can get the .NET Framework from the links below:

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:47 AM