none
Main Form Will Not Start VS2005 C# Project RRS feed

• Question

• Helllo-

I am getting the following exception:

Cannot fetch the value of field '_className' because information about the containing class is unavailable.  The first part of the try block is the following in which Program.Demo is true:

try
          {
            if (status || Program.Demo)
            {
              Application.Run(new MainForm());
            }

_ClassName is one of many other values with a message of "Cannot fetch the value of field" under  [System.Security.SecurityException] {"Request failed."} System.Security.SecurityException in the Locals part of Debugger output.

Can you either tell me what I need to look for or which tool identifies where the process is breaking down?

The whole solution became unstable after an unsuccessful attempt with DotFuscator.  I have since removed it from the solution and this is the latest and hopefully last issue to resolve.

Ruel S.

• Moved by spacewrangler Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:39 PM (From:Building Development and Diagnostic Tools for .Net)
    Monday, September 13, 2010 1:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post. Could you provide some more code snippets? AFAIK, obfusing the code with DotFuscator shouldn't cause this.

And here is a solved thread with similar symptom. I hope it could be helpful to you.

Please mark the right answer at right time.
    Thanks,
    Sam
    • Edited by SamAgain Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:39 AM refine
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:38 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post. Could you provide some more code snippets? AFAIK, obfusing the code with DotFuscator shouldn't cause this.

And here is a solved thread with similar symptom. I hope it could be helpful to you.

Please mark the right answer at right time.
    Thanks,
    Sam

Thanks for the reply-

I found that because I have checked ClickOnce Security Settings I must also choose "This is a full trust application" in the Security Panel of Properties.

I am inclined to go naked with my code rather than trust the C.E. version of DotFuscator again, even though I am sure the fault was all mine.  The IDE became very unstable, affecting other solutions that depended on the projects that were incorporated with the current solution that I am working on.

I used DotFuscator once before with another solution and had no problems although that solution did not use sql svr 2005 (express) whereas this solution does.

If you have an opinion I would love to hear it.

Regards,

Ruel S.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:44 AM