Word Bookmark reinsert. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello all,

i'm currently working on a VSTO(C#) project, i have a treeview and when i drop a node into the Word doc it creates a bookmark, everything working well, so far i noticed a problem, when i delete the bookmarked text and i try to reinsert the same node, i got an error telling me that the bookmark exists in the ControlCollection.

i tried to remove it from the collection and reinsert it, when remove it i got an error message telling me that removing this control could affect some areas in the word document.

my question is:

how can i reinsert the same bookmark after deleting it.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:21 AM

Answers

• Hello Cindy,

thank you for your reply,

Actually i resolved the problem:

i was using WordDocument1.thisDocument.Controls.AddBookmark() which is causing the problem.

Now i replaced it with: _WordDocument1.thisDocument.ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add();

which is correct Smile

Friday, January 18, 2008 12:07 PM

All replies

• VSTO 2005 or 2008? Word 2003 or 2007?

Please show us the code you're using to create the bookmark when you "drop a node into the Word doc".

It sounds like you're creating a VSTO Bookmark control, rather than a "plain Word bookmark". The VSTO control wraps the Word bookmark and provides some additional functionality: Do you need this functionality? If not, it might make more sense to create a "plain Word bookmark", instead...

Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:43 PM
  • Hello Cindy,

thank you for your reply,

Actually i resolved the problem:

i was using WordDocument1.thisDocument.Controls.AddBookmark() which is causing the problem.

Now i replaced it with: _WordDocument1.thisDocument.ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add();

which is correct Smile

Friday, January 18, 2008 12:07 PM