none
Cannot connect to catalog in Office Add-in Word online RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an office 365 account and I have create several site collection in it.

I have created an app catalog site and added the custom add-in manifest file for office.

The problem is if I launch word from App Launcher, I am able to add the add-in from office add-in. (Below image)

However If I go to any site collection and try to open any word document in word online It says "cannot connect to catalog".

Thursday, April 7, 2016 7:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Ashish,

>> If I go to any site collection and try to open any word document in word online It says "cannot connect to catalog".

Do you mean you want to add Office add-in in any document in SharePoint site?

With the document below, I am not sure whether we could insert add in in Office web app. It only says that users can insert the add-in from insertion UI in an Office client application.

# Set up an add-in catalog on Office 365
    https://dev.office.com/docs/add-ins/publish/set-up-an-add-in-catalog-on-office-365

I remember if I Insert->Office add-ins->Upload my add-in, it will fail. I think the function in word online is not complete.

At present, there is something wrong in my Office 365 account, I will test this when my account is available.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 8, 2016 2:38 AM
  • Thanks Edward.

Yes, I want to add Office add-in in any document in SharePoint site.

From App launcher if I open a word document I am able to add the office add-in but from any document in the site unable to.

I am also working on it, looking forward for some solution.

Regards,

Ashish

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:19 AM
  • Hi Ashish,

>> However If I go to any site collection and try to open any word document in word online It says "cannot connect to catalog".

I made a test with this, but I failed to reproduce your issue. When I open word document in the site, my add-in show up in my organization.

I suggest you create a new word document, upload it to site, and then try to check whether this issue still exist. I assume it might be related with word version of your document.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 3:09 AM