Visual Studio 2003 - 2005 and Application Blocks Data Conversion Errors RRS feed

• Question

• User-963152001 posted

Hello All:

Okay...so I'm kind of a hack at coding. I inherited a 2-tier VB application that was written with Visual Studio.Net 2003 (SQL back end) and references Application.Blocks.Data.

I was able to get it to work fine once I referenced that file with Visual Studio 2003.

Problem is: now I have to convert it over to Visual Studio 2005.....the Data Access Application Block will not compile in 2005. I'm getting some "Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'execute reader' can be called without a narrowing conversion" error.

Anyone else had problems with converting the data access application block? Am I relegated to using VS 2003 forever? Any help is much appreciated...thanks!

jbozich@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 11:00 AM

All replies

• User-1355649840 posted

Well, you could move up to the Enterprise Library 2.0 (or 3.0), but that is going to have a learning curve all it's own, not mention some re-coding. Short of that, I'd have to see some code to help figure out the problem. 

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 7:15 PM