none
Selecting font from theme.xml RRS feed

• Question

• I found the document language from document setting's and it's given all the three val , bidi and eastAsia . To which i have to give the preference and why ?

The language is given as w:eastAsia="ko-KR". what language is that ?

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 1:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hai,

I found the document language from document setting's and it's given all the three val , bidi and eastAsia . To which i have to give the preference and why ?

The language is given as w:eastAsia="ko-KR". what language is that ? 

can you please tell me...!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 1:31 PM
  • Hi Bonafort,

Thank you for your question.  An engineer from the Protocols Team will contact you soon.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:49 PM
  • Hi Bonafort, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 7:50 PM
  • Any update on this ?
    Friday, July 4, 2014 6:11 AM
  • Hi Bonafort, "ko-KR" is Korean. You can find a complete list of languages and their codes in ISO/IEC 29500-4, section 14.9.2.

Please let me know if that answers your question. Thank you.

Monday, July 7, 2014 10:10 PM
  • Unable to open the downloaded zip file it shows the file is invalid . Is there any other way ?

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:18 AM
  • Hi Bonafort, I just downloaded it to check the file and it was fine. Your download is probably corrupted. Please try to download it again.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 3:58 PM
  • Hai Josh , I downloaded that file inside which i found two folders as "OfficeOpenXML-XMLSchema-Transitional" and "OfficeOpenXML-RELAXNG-Transitional" inside these two folders , many files are are . In which file list of languages and their codes are present .Can ypu please tell me....
    Wednesday, July 9, 2014 10:43 AM
  • Hi Bonafort, it looks like you downloaded the Electronic Inserts package instead of the PDF file. Please use the link below to download the correct ZIP file.

http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c061798_ISO_IEC_29500-4_2012.zip

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 3:55 PM
  • Hi josh , that's what i am looking for Thank you . And one more , ar-AE is Arabic but in theme.xml it's given "arab" . Every language is given in four letter word how to find that out . for example "Tamil" its given "taml"  , "Vietnamese" as "viet" in theme.xml . Is there any way to find that for all the language . 
    Friday, July 11, 2014 10:52 AM
  • Hi Bonafort, according to ISO/IEC 29500-1 section 20.1.4.1.16 "It is recommended that script names as specified in ISO 15924 are used."

The list of script names from ISO 15924 can be found on the Unicode site here: http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/iso15924-codes.html

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Friday, July 11, 2014 7:30 PM
  • Thank you Jsoh .......
    Saturday, July 12, 2014 6:26 AM
  • Hai Josh , in rfonts

<w:rFonts w:ascii="Courier New" w:eastAsia="Times New Roman" w:hAnsi="Courier New" w:cs="Courier New"/>

Sometimes ascii value is set or eastAsia for the paragraph . 

which attribute has the first preference and why ?

Monday, July 14, 2014 5:45 AM
  • Hi Bonafort, please take a look at the following thread that I believe may answer your latest question. If after looking at that you have any other more specific questions please let me know.

ThemeFontLanguages attribute preference

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ca9bd588-0d3e-40bc-ac69-433fe6b9e32c/themefontlanguages-attribute-preference?forum=os_binaryfile

Thank you.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:30 PM
  • Hi Josh , what is the unicode range for bidi attributed fonts like arabic . i visited the microsoft unicode range but it is not listed there ? 

is there anyother URL ?

Friday, July 18, 2014 11:15 AM
  • Hi Bonafort, the Unicode.org website is the best place to find that information. The following page has links to all of the individual character code charts grouped by script type.

http://www.unicode.org/charts/

Friday, July 18, 2014 4:50 PM