how to play videos from Azure blob storage in windows 8 and windows phone apps

General discussion

• I have videos in azure blob storage . and it may contain mp4, .mkv, .wmv and etc files. can you guys please suggest me how to play videos or do we have any other third party controls which plays all the types of videos. i have only video url with me like (https://blobaccount/container/myvideo.mp4)

thanks for all your suggestions

• Edited by Dev_SSC Sunday, April 27, 2014 6:20 PM
    Sunday, April 27, 2014 5:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can create a little .NET program, reference the Azure SDK (thank you Nuget) and call the SetServiceProperties with the correct arguments.

string accountName = "your account Name";
    string accountKey = "your account key";
    var cloudStorageAccount = CloudStorageAccount
         , accountName, accountKey));
    CloudBlobClient client = cloudStorageAccount.CreateCloudBlobClient();
    var prp = client.GetServiceProperties();
    client.SetServiceProperties(new ServiceProperties()
            DefaultServiceVersion = "2011-08-18",
            Logging = prp.Logging,
            Metrics = prp.Metrics

Now you just have to use the uri of the video in your XAML UI ( or with a video tag) :

<playerFramework:MediaPlayer Source="{Binding VideoUri}"
                                 AutoLoad="False" />

Please refer to the link to get more information:

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, April 28, 2014 8:40 AM
  • thanks for your answer. do you have any idea on third party controls(media plyers) which plays all type of videos to be used in my app.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 4:59 AM