none
Visual Basic in Microsoft Access 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a database that uses a login form for our multiple users to login in with. i am trying to have different users only access their part of the database by using an access id with their logon credentials, but i can not figure out how to work the code inorder for it to work how i want it to. from the logon scrren i have a main switchboard that comes up. but for different users i want different switchboards to apprear. i am using blank forms i made to act as switchboards since the switchboard manager does not seem to do what i want either. i have searched for days on how to accomplish what i want but i have not had any success yet.

Thank you,

Nick

Monday, November 17, 2014 9:36 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I have a database that uses a login form for our multiple users to login in with. i am trying to have different users only access their part of the database by using an access id with their logon credentials, but i can not figure out how to work the code inorder for it to work how i want it to. from the logon scrren i have a main switchboard that comes up. but for different users i want different switchboards to apprear. i am using blank forms i made to act as switchboards since the switchboard manager does not seem to do what i want either. i have searched for days on how to accomplish what i want but i have not had any success yet.

Thank you,

Nick

Hi Nick,

One of the better ways to accomplish security is written in below link:

Access Security with AD

Hope this helps,

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"

Please vote an answer helpful if they helped. Please mark an answer(s) as an answer when your question is being answered.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 8:07 PM