Azure Bastion Services - single user or multi user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My question is basically, the underlying "vm's" to which you connect to when consuming Bastion services - are these servers (assuming Windows) running in single user mode, or in multiuser mode (i.e Terminal Services)? I am thinking about providing access to a bigger user scope for application maintance purposes - as such, would new sessions become available to users as they connect even though there are already connected users (simulatenous) - estimated 30 users maintaining SAP workloads. This would be a better fit for us, compared to them using Azure VDI - cause then we dont have maintain the images and so on... any expirence around this intended usage scenario?

br4tt3

Monday, October 21, 2019 2:02 PM

All replies

• Azure Bastion is still in public preview, so many of the more advanced RDP features are not supported. One example is that you cannot change the domain when logging into a VM from Azure Bastion. I do not believe there is a limitation on connecting additional users 

I am not sure about your specific scenario. Unless someone else responds who has tried something similar, I would test this out in your environment to see what happens. I do not believe there is anything preventing you from connecting if there are already connected users. 

I also would not assume that Azure Networking services are Windows :)

Monday, October 21, 2019 8:44 PM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same.

Regards, 

Msrini

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:24 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same.

Regards, 

Msrini

Friday, November 1, 2019 1:24 PM