The 'ResourceManagerToolbarPackage' package did not load correctly RRS feed

• Question

• I had some issues with VS2015, and eventually I had to uninstall and reinstall VS2015. 

First, I got the following error whenever I opened a project:

The 'ResourceManagerPackage' package did not load correctly

The log file has the following:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Azure.ResourceManager.Contracts.1.0, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

After deleting the VS profile following the answer on SO, I am getting the following error now:

The 'ResourceManagerToolbarPackage' package did not load correctly

The log file has the following:

<entry>
        <record>555</record>
        <time>2015/12/15 13:24:50.634</time>
        <type>Information</type>
        <source>VisualStudio</source>
        <description>Begin package load [ResourceManagerToolbarPackage]</description>
        <guid>{BB19C991-E685-4B45-AADD-2690DB723FCA}</guid>
      </entry>
      <entry>
        <record>556</record>
        <time>2015/12/15 13:24:50.642</time>
        <type>Error</type>
        <description>SetSite failed for package [ResourceManagerToolbarPackage][Could not load file or assembly &apos;Microsoft.VisualStudio.Azure.ResourceManager.Contracts.1.0, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a&apos; or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]:{   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Azure.ResourceManager.DeployToolbarPackage.DeployToolbarManager..ctor(OleMenuCommandService menuCommandService, IVsUIShell uiShell, IComponentModel componentModel, IVsMonitorSelection monitorSelection, DTE dte, IVsSolution vsSolution)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Azure.ResourceManager.DeployToolbarPackage.ResourceManagerToolbarPackage.Initialize()&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsPackage.SetSite(IServiceProvider sp)}</description>
        <hr>80070002</hr>
        <errorinfo>Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Azure.ResourceManager.Contracts.1.0, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.</errorinfo>
      </entry>
      <entry>
        <record>557</record>
        <time>2015/12/15 13:24:50.645</time>
        <type>Error</type>
        <description>End package load [ResourceManagerToolbarPackage]</description>
        <hr>80070002</hr>
        <errorinfo>Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Azure.ResourceManager.Contracts.1.0, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.</errorinfo>
      </entry>

Could anyone offer a tip on how to resolve this?

Hong

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 1:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Hong,

I have checked your installaiton log, your Visual Studio is installed correctly.

>>eventually I had to uninstall and reinstall VS2015.

Please use msiinv tool which will list all installed msi on your OS. You can try the msiexec /x <product code> to remove that components if it is related to Visual Studio. It can help us uninstall Visual Studio clearly and then re-install Visual Studio 2015 again.

According to your previous post, when you repair your Visual Studio, it mentioned that you need to install Silverligh_sdk.msi but it can't find in your installation package. Please try download this package from below link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28359

If it doesn't resolved this problem, please  removing the appropriate keys from below path.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0_Config\Packages

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Proposed as answer by Weiwei Cai Tuesday, December 22, 2015 3:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hong (MA, USA) Tuesday, December 22, 2015 5:01 AM
    Monday, December 21, 2015 2:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Hong,

According to your another thread, there seems something wrong when you install your Visual Studio. Do you have verified the ISO file as Barry suggested in that thread? Please tell us the verified result.

In addition, please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here. We need to check whether there has any installation error in logs.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 10:29 AM
  • Thank you, Weiwei, for trying to help here.

I did not use an ISO to install it.  I used the downloaded .exe file.

Here is the vslogs.zip.

Hong

Friday, December 18, 2015 9:18 PM
  • Hi Hong,

I have checked your installaiton log, your Visual Studio is installed correctly.

>>eventually I had to uninstall and reinstall VS2015.

Please use msiinv tool which will list all installed msi on your OS. You can try the msiexec /x <product code> to remove that components if it is related to Visual Studio. It can help us uninstall Visual Studio clearly and then re-install Visual Studio 2015 again.

According to your previous post, when you repair your Visual Studio, it mentioned that you need to install Silverligh_sdk.msi but it can't find in your installation package. Please try download this package from below link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28359

If it doesn't resolved this problem, please  removing the appropriate keys from below path.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0_Config\Packages

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Proposed as answer by Weiwei Cai Tuesday, December 22, 2015 3:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hong (MA, USA) Tuesday, December 22, 2015 5:01 AM
    Monday, December 21, 2015 2:46 AM
  • Thanks, Weiwei.

The Silverlight issue was gone after reinstallations.

Now the VS starts without any error.  The computer has been rebooted multiple times.  I do not know what has fixed the problem.

Hong

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 5:03 AM