none
The Argument docData must implement the interface IVsTextStream Error When Saving Project File

Question

• VS2015  C# Update - Not a question. The thread (https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4e31aebd-7551-4e02-b04f-3b2402681138/ivstextstream-error-when-saving-project-file?forum=vseditor) was locked but the same thing happened to me in VS 2015.

I had added an existing file to set a namespace in my program's setting.cs file along with a dialog form into my project. I received the error window [The Argument docData must implement the interface IVsTextStream] when I tried to save the project.

I removed the files that I had added and used the menu selection of adding a new form and a new file. The issue went away. I intend this to be an FYI for whomever might receive the error message in VisualStudio 2015.

OK, now for a question: Any one know what a "fix" might be for this issue? The MSDN has extensive definitions of the interface but no real fix suggestions. I tried "using" but was not offered the sub-selections necessary to get to "Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop". Interestingly enough, VisualBasic was the second level option presented.

Thanks

Saturday, November 07, 2015 5:21 PM

Answers

• Hi dwcondu,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

To make sure whether it is related to the Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop, I suggest you go to Tools -> Nuget Package Manager -> Manage Nuget Packages for Solutions...

And then search for "Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop", uninstall it and reinstall it to see if it helps.

If the above doesn't help, would do mind share the sample project and the steps to reproduce this issue to us so that we could test this issue on our side for you?

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 09, 2015 7:50 AM