none
Modifying workflow to assign task to group instead of user

Question

• I have created a 2010 workflow in SPD where I am assigning task to group and the option "Expand group" (or something like that) is enabled which means task is assigned to user who is part of that group.

Now I want to change this behaviour i.e. I want to assign task to group instead of user inside it.

If I make this change, it will only take effect for new instance of worklow but existing workflows won't be updated which is what I don't want. Is there a way to make this change for existing workflows also?
    Monday, April 10, 2017 4:44 PM

All replies

• Have you incorporated you step in Impersonation action? Impersonation in designer may solve your issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Lalith

----------------------------------------

Please mark as Answer, if this post solves your issue.

Monday, April 10, 2017 5:08 PM
  • Hi Frank- no, you can't update existing workflows. You'd have to kill them and re-trigger. However, you could easily do this in bulk.

cameron rautmann

Monday, April 10, 2017 5:56 PM
  • Hi frank, 

As cameron said, , you can't update existing workflows. 

It will not impact the existing workflow instance when you edit and republish the workflow. And after you publish the new workflow, if you start a new workflow in the list, the newer version workflow will run.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 14, 2017 11:00 AM
  • Hi frank, 

Is there something update?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, April 22, 2017 2:09 AM