none
Biztalk 2013 R2 - REMOVE context properties

Question

• I have a message coming in through biztalk , this sets some of the msmq-properties of the message.

The message is routed to another system , also using MSMQ. But the message ends up in error.

If the incoming message is sent into biztalk using the file-adapter , no problem (same sendport as before)

It seems that the msmq-properties of the incoming message are also used for the outgoing message and that is a problem.

I would like to 'clean' (=remove) these properties and just set the ones I need. 

What is the easiest way to do this (I know it's usually the opposite)

I'm only routing a message, so no orchestration involved and up to know also no special pipeline.

Kind regards Isabelledc

Monday, November 7, 2016 3:00 PM

Answers

• Well I've solved it.  First of all , routing was not the problem. It was the receiving application that threw an error.

There were several MSMQ-properties that were passed along but it was the msmq Body Type that was causing the problem.It arrived as 0 and when I changed it to 8 everything worked. 

I did it by putting it fixed in a pipeline component we use to set properties on incoming messages (so put in on the receive location)  This made it work.

(otherwise it would have used an orchestration I think)

What surprises me is that I set that same value on the msmq sendport (Body Type = 8 ) but biztalk keeps the incoming value!!! It does not get overwritten by the value on the sendport.

Kind regards Isabelledc

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 11:57 AM

All replies

• what error do you get??

these msmq properties are stock system properties and i would suggest not to alter those unless a strong reason. can you please share the details..i dont feel that msmq properties will hamper routing

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, November 7, 2016 3:16 PM
  • What are the context properties you are routing on for the outgoing message?

Thanks Arindam

Monday, November 7, 2016 3:21 PM
  • Hello Isabelledc,

you can override any of the context property. 

1. Need to write custom pipeline at messaging solution level.

2. create property schema and Inside orchestration attach what all properties you want to over ride. 

3. you can use BRE framework to promote, demote, override. 

If you are looking for any specific property please let me know. 

Hope this helps. 

Ram

Monday, November 7, 2016 5:59 PM
  • Unfortunately, there is no way to remove Properties from the Context.

The only way to achieve that effect is to create a new Context and copy over only the properties you need, if you need any at all.

You can do this in a custom Pipeline Component or an Orchestration.  In an Orchestration, you'd have to use a Map, pass the message through an XmlDocument or copy the Body Part to a new Multe-Part Message.

Monday, November 7, 2016 11:46 PM
  • Well I've solved it.  First of all , routing was not the problem. It was the receiving application that threw an error.

There were several MSMQ-properties that were passed along but it was the msmq Body Type that was causing the problem.It arrived as 0 and when I changed it to 8 everything worked. 

I did it by putting it fixed in a pipeline component we use to set properties on incoming messages (so put in on the receive location)  This made it work.

(otherwise it would have used an orchestration I think)

What surprises me is that I set that same value on the msmq sendport (Body Type = 8 ) but biztalk keeps the incoming value!!! It does not get overwritten by the value on the sendport.

Kind regards Isabelledc

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 11:57 AM
  • Hi isabelledc,

I’m glad to hear that you got it working to resolve your question.

Could you please close this thread via mark the reply above as answer? and other community members will focus on other unsolved threads. Thanks.

Best regards,

Angie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 11, 2016 9:03 AM